Post New Thread Reply

Old 07-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #21
Fading Horizons
make you mine

Character Actor

Name: Steven
(Offline)
Relaxed

I'm a recent convert to American Football after watching FNL and playing copious amounts of Madden NFL; I love the sport now! I'm pretty much a Chargers fan (I'm a fan of Rivers and LT), and I also like the Cowboys. Hopefully going to see the Eagles play at Giants in December, does anybody know when Giants single game tickets usually go on sale? Can't wait for preseason to start!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #22
Drama Queen
casablanca

Studio Exec

Name: Joan
(Offline)
Happy

That's cool, Steven! I don't think the Giants single game tickets will be available for another few months. They'll be on Ticketmaster. But oh my god, it'll be freezing at Giants Stadium in December.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #23
Fading Horizons
make you mine

Character Actor

(Offline)
Relaxed

Ahhh, thanks Joan, hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of tickets when they go on sale! Yeah, I wish I could have gone a little earlier in the year, but I don't mind really, I just really want to see a game, and I bet the atmosphere will be electric!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #24
Rainy Days
hot like the season

Studio Exec

Name: Summer
(Offline)
Amused

Dress. Really. Warmly. I've been to Patriots games in the middle of winter (often sharing the seats with a couple feet of snow, but such is life as a fan of a northeast football team) and... that could be what you're in for. They usually sell handwarmers at games, so if you can't buy them for cheaper before getting there, waste the money to get them. They're such a necessity. Keep an eye on ticketmaster.com for the best ticket prices... Giants v. Eagles is a divisional rival game, so the prices tend to be a little higher than the average game, although football prices in general? Not so bad. But Joan and I will say that as fans of baseball teams who hae long forgotten that normal people like to go to games, too.

"It's not flawlessly functioning robots we need. What we really need are people with all their little flaws, their weaknesses and marvelous individual character."

Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #25
Fading Horizons
make you mine

Character Actor

(Offline)
Relaxed

Thanks for the tips Summer, will definitely get some handwarmers when I go, although it'll be nice to have snow for a change in December as it hardly ever snows in England in December unfortunately. Yeah, I looked at the prices for Chargers tickets for their games and they weren't that expensive, which was good to see. Are baseball games really expensive then?
Yay, training camps have started. Any predictions for who'll make it to the Superbowl, in these very early stages?

Old 07-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #26
Rainy Days
hot like the season

Studio Exec

(Offline)
Amused

Baseball games aren't expensive across the league, but when you get into major cities or the more popular teams, the prices get jacked up. For instance, the cost of a grandstand seat (one step above bleachers) at Fenway Park in Boston could get you a dugout box (well, for like $2 more or something) at Kansas City's stadium. Yankee Stadium (home to the Yankees, obviously) and Fenway Park (Red Sox) are easily two of the most expensive parks. For a pair of decent seats - not even great ones - you could easily drop a grand or more. Yankee Stadium's finally at a point, though, where the fans are saying no - they jacked the prices so much fans can't afford to fill the seats, so change might be coming in the next couple years.

I can't guarantee there will be snow while you're there - Boston has been getty pretty wacky winters, and New York is south of Boston so theirs are even wackier. It will definitely be plenty cold, though. How long are you in New York and like, what part of December?

Just as a tip, I wouldn't use the Chargers' ticket prices as a guesstimate. New York teams in general are a little pricier, than Eagles v. Giants is a stellar matchup. It shouldn't break the bank, but it might not be cheap, either, you know?

"It's not flawlessly functioning robots we need. What we really need are people with all their little flaws, their weaknesses and marvelous individual character."

Old 08-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #27
Fading Horizons
make you mine

Character Actor

(Offline)
Relaxed

A grand? Man, that sucks! It must be really frustrating for fans not being able to see their team because the ticket prices are obscenely high.

I'm going from about Friday Dec. 11 (missing the last day of college before Winter Break, score!) till about the Thursday of the following week. Ahh, that's okay about Giants tickets being a bit more expensive, like $200 per ticket or something in that region is cool! Just really excited about seeing a game - would love to see a college game as well if possible, but seeing the Giants is first priority, haha.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #28
Rainy Days
hot like the season

Studio Exec

(Offline)
Amused

Technically, you can always get bleacher seats for pretty cheap. Like $30-$40. It's just... that's the drunk frat boy type of seating (I mean, at Yankee Stadium, they're called the bleacher CREATURES for a reason...) so it's not really ideal for a girl, especially if you're going to the game alone or with other girls. The few times I've sat in even grandstand level seats, I've been hit on by creeps, had beer spilled on me, and pretty much groped. Not fun.

Not really sure what to recommend as far as college games since... well, I don't really follow NY college teams. The only college games I've ever been to outside of my own schools are Longhorns (University of Texas), Trojans (USC), and Gators (University of Florida) games. Which are all top schools for college football, so... I'm assuming it's not really the typical experience, lol.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #29
Drama Queen
casablanca

Studio Exec

Name: Joan
(Offline)
Happy

Assuming you're staying in NYC, there really aren't any spectacular college games. I have been to a few Columbia games, but I don't know that I'd consider that must-see. At all.

Eli Manning will become highest-paid NFL player on a per-year basis.

He is expected to sign his contract later today.
I'm sure more details will be available in the coming days..
The final year of Manning's current deal will be included in the new seven-year, $106.9-million contract, which includes $35 million guaranteed. That comes out to an average of $15.3 million per season, which just barely nudges Manning past Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha as the highest-paid player in the NFL on a average-per-year basis.

source.

NFL practice jerseys can now have ads on them. The Giants sport Timex ads:

Despite a high six-figure endorsement annual endorsement deal with Citizen, a Timex competitor, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will wear the patch -– with a catch, of course.

Manning's jersey has the patch on it and news crews might be able to film the small patch – 3 inches by 4 inches - from afar, but for this practice and all future practices, Manning is not expected to give Timex much love due to his conflict of interest. We're told Manning will do interviews before practice in a t-shirt and will take off his pads for any interviews after practice.
source

Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #30
Berburt
striving for excellence

Studio Exec

Name: Leia
(Offline)

KC Chiefs have a looong way to go before I would consider them a good team again, but they've at least taken a step in the right direction. Like....getting rid of Carl Peterson? Though they get rid of a lot of their good players (with exception of Gonzalez, he deserves a super bowl ring and it was nice of them to give him a shot at one before he retires. I'm not sure how good the falcons are though, so I can't comment on that since I couldn't care less about them.)

Irony though is without the Chiefs fucking over Tom Brady last year, they wouldn't have known who Cassel was, and wouldn't have a decent quarterback this year. (More ironic that he hurt his knee in the preseason ) But, at least we have someone who doesn't need a good O-Line to perform, because Cassel has someone in his face within like 2 seconds everytime he wants to pass because our O-Line sucks ass, yet, he actually gets stuff done.

Buuut, that said the Pats are <3. And I still take Green Bay over my home team anyday, though the only reason I love Green Bay is Jordy Nelson!

Tags
football, nfl, sports